In my last post (October of 2013 -sheesh it’s May of 2014 already – how did that happen?) I remarked on how fast time is going by. Well…now it just shifted into warp speed!
Boldly Bald Women. It’s written. It’s published. It’s an Amazon Best Seller. It has five star reviews. But none of that is worth anything if I can’t figure out a way to connect with more of the people who would benefit from reading it. Who are they? Women struggling with the emotional and social impacts of hair loss. Women with alopecia areata. Women with cancer undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Women and little girls with tricotillomania. Hormonal imbalances from malfunctioning thyroid glands and pregnancy. The families, friends, church members,teachers, classmates, employers, co-workers, doctors, therapists, anyone who knows a woman in any stage of hair loss for any reason or knows someone who knows of one.
So, as usual when I’m stumped and tossing and turning, I say a prayer, put the issue in the God Box and wait for an answer. What’s the God Box? It’s the imaginary place I put my concerns and anxieties to rest when I give them to God to worry about so I can sleep. I figure he’ll be up all night anyway. It’s also the place where I’m forced to practice the hardest of the three P’s: Productivity, Persistence and Patience.
I’m not much good at the patience part. I want patience, I just want it now! Sometimes I have to imagine nailing the lid down on that box to keep myself from taking the problem back and trying once again to fix it myself.
The answer came in the form of an email announcing the Book Marketing Challenge. I’d never heard of it before, but it’s been around because this is the seventh annual challenge.
It’s for people who are authors, almost published authors, wannabe someday authors and people just curious about how the process works.
Holey Moley! What a find! Every day is packed with information and action steps focusing on five areas:
Developing Your Author Platform
- That’s letting you know who I am and where you can find me
Building Relationships While Growing Your List
- That’s you and I getting to know each other and building trust in each other while I find avenues to reach out to more people Boldly Bald Women can help.
Earn an Income with Your Book
- Well, that would be wonderful, but I’ll be happy to make back what it cost me to publish the book and keep up with ongoing expenses.
Marketing Your Book with Book Reviews, Press Releases, and a Marketing Plan
- This is where I humbly ask you to help by reviewing Boldly Bald Women on myAmazon Author Page, and then liking the page to share with your friends on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. And leave comments on my website and tell people you know how great it would be for them to interview me or write something about Boldly Bald Women, or invite me to speak to their groups – like Gilda Clubs and schools and church groups and book clubs and libraries and writer’s clubs. When I find out what a Marketing Plan is, I’ll let you know.
Reach Your Audience Through Virtual Book Tours
- That comes at the very end and I haven’t a clue as to what that is either.
Well, there you have it. That’s whats happening in my world. I’m also still working on the earring part of the store. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes that I haven’t published yet, but when it’s done it will all magically appear at once and ready for orders.
I hope you are all healthy and happy. I’m so very, very grateful for your faith in me and your support of getting Boldly Bald Women into the world wide community. Please, if you know someone who could use this book, buy if for them as a gift. You can get the ebook on Amazon as well as the paperback for less than what I can sell it to you from my site. And I won’t sell it to from my site if you are out of the continental United States, because I know Amazon can get better shipping rates than I can. On the other hand, I’ll autograph the copies purchased through my site to your specifications. Some folks are really tickled to get a first edition signed by the author. As for me, I figure my signature and $2.50 will get you a cup of plain coffee almost anywhere. Still, I am to please, and I hope you will comment and let me know if I hit the mark.